|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Koihime (恋姫 lit. Love Princess) is the title given to the franchise of Japanese adult bishojo alternate historical slapstick romantic comedy visual novels created, developed and published by BaseSon, and distributed by Nexton that is split into two separate series being Koihime†Musou and Sengoku†Koihime which are both are set in alternate worlds during famous historical periods that the main protagonists who are young men teleported to and meet several well known historical figures who are depicted as beautiful girls. The gameplay of the Koihime† franchise follows a linear plot line, which offers pre-determined scenarios and courses of interaction, and focuses on the appeal of large female main casts that the main protagonists forms bonds with and romances throughout the narrative.
The latest game is Suzukuri Karin-chan , a dungeon-crawling tower defense spin-off of the Koihime†Musou series with gameplay like Suzukuri Dragon and Arknight
*Note: IMPORTANT!!! 恋姫†無双 and 恋姫†夢想 are both spelled Koihime†Musou in romaji due to 無双 ("unparalleled") and 夢想 ("dream") being homonyms.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Koihime†Musou Series
- 2.1 Koihime†Musou
- 2.2 Shin Koihime†Musou
- 2.3 Shin Koihime†Eiyuutan
- 2.4 Shin Koihime†Musou -Kakumei-
- 2.5 Shin Koihime†Eiyuutan 4 • 5 • Gaiden
- 2.6 Online Games
- 2.7 Spin-Offs
- 3 Sengoku†Koihime Series
- 4 External Links
- 5 Navigation
Koihime†Musou is set in an alternate version of ancient China during the Three Kingdoms period where said three kingdoms are warring over each to unify China under their vision, and stars Hongou Kazuto, and a large main cast of (mostly) beautiful female warriors and master strategists, many of which are from several factions.
Koihime†Musou: Doki Otome Darake no Sangokushi Engi (恋姫†無双 ～ドキッ☆乙女だらけの三国志演義～ lit. Love Princess†Unmatched ~Throb☆Romance of Three Kingdoms Filled with Girls~) was developed by BaseSon. It was released for the PC as two DVD-ROMs on January 26, 2007. A shinshouban (【新装版】 lit. New Release) re-release, containing an extra fandisc, Sheishei†Musou (謝謝†無双), came out on April 11, 2008. A PlayStation 2 version rated 15+ titled Koihime†Musou (恋姫†夢想), developed by Yeti (official product page no longer exist) and published by Regista, was released on October 30, 2008.
- European game publisher MangaGamer acquired licensing rights to the first VN and released it on February 28, 2011.
A new version, titled Shin Koihime†Musou: Otome Ryouran Sangokushi Engi (真・恋姫†無双 〜乙女繚乱☆三国志演義〜), was released on December 26, 2008. It is a retelling of the first VN with many new characters added. In this new version, the player as Kazuto must choose which kingdom he must ally with in the beginning, which results in three routes. The PS2 version came out on November 10, 2011. The reboot is followed by a fan-disc titled Shin Koihime†Musou: Moeshouden (真・恋姫†無双～萌将伝～), which was released on July 23, 2010; Moeshouden serves as a fan-disc providing many additional scenes. It is the continuation of a hypothetical "perfect" route, where no one dies and Kazuto unites all three kingdoms into an alliance, becoming an emperor; instead of waging wars, the girls compete with each other for Kazuto's love.
- Like the first VN, the 恋姫†無双 portion of the title is changed to 恋姫†夢想 in the PS2 release.
- A version for the PSP is also available, but it's divided into 3 separate discs with each covering one kingdom. All three were released in 2010, with Go disc on September 22, Gi disc on October 28, and Shoku disc on November 25.
New characters were introduced by a new website , teasing a new Koihime†Musou installment titled Shin Koihime†Eiyuutan: Otome Enran Sangokushi Engi (真・恋姫†英雄譚 ～乙女艶乱☆三国志演義～). It's trilogy of sequels to Shin Koihime†Musou released in 2015 separated into 3 chapters (one for each kingdom). Shoku chapter was released on April 24, Gi chapter was released on August 28, and Go chapter was released on October 30. Unlike previous releases, the three chapters are downloadable after purchase and do not have physical discs. A disc package titled Shin Koihime†Eiyuutan 1 2 3+PLUS was released on July 29, 2016, it includes all three kingdoms discs, a "+PLUS" disc with bonus scenes, and a music disc.
Shin Koihime†Musou -Kakumei-
- Shin Koihime†Musou -Kakumei- (真・恋姫†夢想-革命-) is an updated version of Shin Koihime†Musou which is again divided into multiple chapters. The Gi chapter, titled Shin Koihime†Musou -Kakumei-: Souten no Haou (真・恋姫†夢想-革命- 蒼天の覇王), is scheduled to be released on July 28, 2017. Go chapter Shin Koihime † Musou -Kakumei-: ~Son Go no Kechimyaku~ (真・恋姫†夢想・革命～孫呉の血脈～) is planned a release for 2018, July 27. Shoku chapter Shin Koihime † Musou - Kakumei ~Ryuuki no Taibou~ (真・恋姫†夢想・革命～劉旗の大望～) is planned on July 26, 2019 release.
Shin Koihime†Eiyuutan 4 • 5 • Gaiden
Shin Koihime†Eiyuutan 4
Shin Koihime†Eiyuutan 4 ~Otome Enran ☆ Sangokushi Engi [Go]~ (真・恋姫†英雄譚4～乙女艶乱☆三国志演義［呉］～) is the first installment in the trilogy scheduled to be released in Summer 2022.
Shin Koihime†Eiyuutan 5
Shin Koihime†Eiyuutan 5 ~Otome Enran ☆ Sangokushi Engi [Gi]~ (真・恋姫†英雄譚5～乙女艶乱☆三国志演義［魏］～) is the second installment in the trilogy scheduled to be released in Spring 2023.
Shin Koihime†Eiyuutan - Gaiden -
Shin Koihime†Eiyuutan - Gaiden - Shiratsuki no Tomoshibi (真・恋姫†英雄譚 外伝 白月の灯火) is the third and final installment in the trilogy scheduled to be released in Winter 2023.
- Gamania formally launched a web-browser based MMO strategy game titled Web Koihime†Musou (Web恋姫†夢想~乙女満載♥三国統一シミュレーション~) on December 7, 2010, which has since been running on eight different servers. The game allows players to control up to 5 generals at a time from the Shin Koihime†Musou cast, join one of the 3 warring factions and try to conquer players of the other two opposing factions with the Red Turban Bandit faction acting as a NPC faction. Like most other browser based MMOs, this game is free to play with a Gamania account, however paying users gain access to enhancements otherwise unavailable or very difficult to obtain. The game ended its service on April 27th, 2016.
- A fighting game, titled Shin Koihime†Musou: Otome Taisen Sangokushi Engi (真・恋姫†夢想 ～乙女対戦★三国志演義~), has been made. The arcade edition came out on July 30, 2011 and version 1.2 came out next year on June 4. The PC version was released on May 31, 2013. A PS3 version was released on February 20, 2014.
- The game follows a 1v1 format on a 2D stage. The ten available fighters are organized into their respective factions: Shoku, Gi, and Go each has three while Ryofu alone represents her own faction. Along with the fighters, each faction also has strategists who would pair up with a chosen fighter of the same kingdom: Shoku, Gi, and Go each has two while Ryofu has one. The strategists enable the player to perform special attacks.
- A sequel game, titled Koihime†Enbu (恋姫†演武), was released for the arcade on July 17, 2014. Koihime†Enbu follows the same gameplay as its predecessor, all the characters from the first game returns in the sequel and three new fighters are added: Bachou, Gakushin, and Shuutai. The PS4/PS3 versions were released on January 28, 2016. It also received a western localization for the PC and was made available on STEAM on May 19, 2016.
- Koihime†Enbu received an arcade update on on December 27, 2016, becoming Koihime†Enbu Version 2 ~Ryorairai~ (恋姫演武バージョン２～遼来来～). It officially introduced Tou faction by adding Chouryou and her strategist Kaku to the roster. It also received a western localization for the PC and was made available on STEAM on July 13, 2018.
A sequel/spin-off series to Koihime†Musou, following after the main storyline in Shin Koihime†Musou, Sengoku†Koihime is set an alternate version of feudal Japan during the Sengoku period where Oni are attacking and taking over the country, and all clans in Japan must unite to defeat them, and stars Nitta Kensuke who is Kazuto's nephew, and a large main cast of (mostly) beautiful female samurai, many of which belong to one of several clans.
- Sengoku†Koihime: ~Otome Kenran ☆ Sengoku Emaki~ (戦国†恋姫～乙女絢爛☆戦国絵巻～) is the third installment of the Koihime franchise. It takes place after the Shin Koihime†Musou main storyline and is about Kazuto's nephew, Nitta Kensuke, who gets warped to an alternate Sengoku ("warring states") period in Japan. Like his uncle in Koihime†Musou, Kensuke meets an all-female cast of the Sengoku heroes and is considered to be a divine figure. However, unlike its predecessors, Sengoku†Koihime is rated 15+ and doesn't contain any H-scenes.
- An 18+ version, renamed Sengoku†Koihime X (戦国†恋姫 X), introduces H-scenes as well as new characters and events. It is released in late 2016.
Sengoku†Koihime EX 1
Sengoku†Koihime EX 1 ~Oshu no Dokuganryuu Hen~ (戦国†恋姫EX壱～奥州の独眼竜編～) is the first installment in the Sengoku†Koihime EX trilogy scheduled to be released in 2022.
Sengoku†Koihime EX 2
Sengoku†Koihime EX 2 ~Oni no Kuni, Echizen Hen~ (戦国†恋姫EX弐～鬼の国、越前編～) is the second installment in the Sengoku†Koihime EX trilogy scheduled to be released in 2022.
Sengoku†Koihime EX 3
Sengoku†Koihime EX 3 ~Chuugoku Seibatsu, Mouri Hen~ (戦国†恋姫EX参～中国征伐、毛利編～) is the third and finial installment in the Sengoku†Koihime EX trilogy scheduled to be released in 2023.
Sengoku†Koihime Online-Okuban Shinshi-