|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Chou'un Shiryuu (
- 1 Plot
- 2 Character
- 3 Skills and Abilities
- 4 Trivia
- 5 References
- 6 Navigation
- In Koihime†Musou she made her initial appearance as an ancillary general, fighting with Kousonsan against the Yellow Turbans. In her debut, she ventures out, against Kousonsan's objections, and takes on an entire army of Yellow Turbans alone. Although Kousonsan chides her foolishness, Kazuto, from his knowledge of the Three Kingdoms, realizes that Chou'un is a powerful warrior who would become a valuable comrade. So despite the danger of being annihilated, Kazuto is set on rescuing her should she get in danger.
- On the battlefield, Chou'un manages to deal massive casualties among the Yellow Turbans but eventually encounters trouble. At this moment, as planned by Koumei, Kan'u intervenes and the two back-to-back slaughters their way out of the enemy mob. After defeating the Yellow Turbans, Chou'un meets Kazuto and immediately takes a liking to him. She states that she will be traveling the continents for a while to see the world with her own eyes; however she promises to join him if she fails to find a better master. She officially joins him alongside Kouchuu after the battle with Enshou.
- Act Debut: 2(4 permanent route)
- Scenes of interaction: 11
- In the Gi route, she saves Kazuto from the three bandits and leaves shortly before Sousou's army arrives. She appears again during the anti-Toutaku campaign serving under Kousonsan. After Kousonsan fell to En Forces, she joins Shoku faction.
Shin Koihime † Eiyuutan 
She becomes pregnant with Kazuto's child.
Shin Koihime † Musou -Kakumei-
Souten no Haou
Son Go no Kechimyaku
Ryuuki no Taibou 
- Chou'un is a mysterious girl who first appears serving under Kousonsan. The second person to join the group, she loves to tease Kan'u and others frequently and seems to relish whenever she gets up close with them. Like in the VN, she also assumes the identity of a hero of justice named Kachou Kamen by wearing a butterfly mask. She tries to recruit Chou sisters into joining her at the end of Shin Koihime†Musou but gets ignored, despite making a dramatic entrance and delivering a grand speech.
- In the first OVA, Chou'un (as Kachou Kamen) appears for the swimming event, but Kouchuu, who is acting as the judge, begins to comment on the similarities between Chou'un and Kachou Kamen. Before she could say too much, Chou'un ties her up and locks her in the gym storage shed; no one seems to notice her missing, not even Riri.
- In the VN she is shown to be calm and collected with a playful, sometimes flirtatious, air around her. While she rarely loses her temper, she turns dangerous if someone were to touch her menma and alcohol without permission. Like Kouchuu, her rage is cold and calm but at the same time terrifying and even creepy. However, unlike Kouchuu, she is usually straightforward and blunt, lacking much sense of shame. Of Kazuto's harem, she can be considered "the weird one" who loves to throw in a bit of chaos just for her own amusement or to make a point. She has an off-beat personality and tastes that run quite differently from everybody else's.
- In the anime, she is portrayed in a less serious manner. Although introduced as being calm and collected, her weird and mysterious side quickly shows. She is well-known for making perverted remarks at the most inappropriate times. While she most certainly has knowledge of love and sex, most of the time when she makes a perverted joke she does it with a straight face, as if she doesn't know it is inappropriate to make such a comment. Her randomness and ridiculousness increase as the series progresses. There are plenty of moments during which she acts like a jerk, teasing the other girls in the most embarrassing manner. She is also a bit egoistical, although she is smart enough to not to act outright arrogantly. For example, she (as Kachou Kamen) saves Ryuubi from bandits, causing Ryuubi to develop a crush on Kachou Kamen. After coming back, Chou'un asked Ryuubi who saved her, and in response Ryuubi begins to say good things about her, raising Chou'un's mood high. When it comes to Kachou Kamen, Chou'un has a wild imagination that comes up with crazy and fanciful stories and entrancing speeches.
- In both versions, she has a strong obsession with menma. She also shows some chuunibyou tendencies, having a habit of running around the city as the masked hero of justice Kachou Kamen ("butterfly mask") in her patrol shift. To complete her alter ego she also makes poses and stylized speeches. Strangely, no one other than Kazuto and Koumei can recognize her true identity, despite adding only a mask to her normal clothing and using the same weapon and fighting style. Furthermore, Chou'un herself doesn't recognize how obvious her disguise is to Kazuto. When not being delusional, she is actually quite graceful and elegant in her behavior.
- In the first VN, she proclaims herself the second master of love in the Three Kingdoms. She, along with Kouchuu (who is the first), frequently give Kazuto advice in his love affairs. Interestingly, despite her seductive front, she can be surprisingly pure at times which shocks Kazuto. In the beginning, she has a rather skewed idea of how sex works, since all of her knowledge at that point comes from spying the soldiers masturbating in their tents. With this awareness, she manages to give Kazuto a handjob with no problems. Unsurprisingly, her information is limited to the male anatomy; on her first night with Kazuto she actually thought that "pillow games" is simply pillow fighting. Kazuto soon proves her wrong and she learns what actual intercourse is. Afterward, she learns quickly and soon enough she becomes one of the most knowledgeable on the topic. Due to her bold and open nature, she easily agrees to pair up with Kan'u for a threesome and she has no problems with Kazuto establishing a harem.
Skills and Abilities
- Spearsmanship: Chou'un is famous for her spearsmanship, and her counterpart in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms is a spearman second only to Zhang Fei. Compared to her fellow spear-users Chouhi and Bachou, her spear is a stab-only weapon; she specializes in speed and agility and is most notable for her graceful manner of fighting, where she seems to "dance" on the battlefield while dishing out quick yet deadly jabs with her spear. In the first VN, she fought against an army of 25,000 Yellow Turbans on her own for a time, encountering difficulties only because she killed too many enemies, causing piles of corpses to impede her movements.
- Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant: As Kachou Kamen she has demonstrated proficiency in hand-to-hand combat.
- Enhanced Physical Prowess: Her strength, speed, reflexes, and stamina are above those of normal soldiers. As Kachou Kamen she is very acrobatic to the point of being able to balance perfectly still on the tip of Kan'u's guandao. Even in everyday life, she has shown a preference for high places.
- Leadership Skills: She is an excellent general and is able to command large troops proficiently. Furthermore, Kazuto has likened the troops under her command to a modern commando unit.
- Horsemanship: She knows how to ride a horse and can maintain control over her mount even amidst the chaos of battle.
- Marksmanship: In the anime, she is able to throw her butterfly masks in a shuriken-like manner with great accuracy and control.
- High Intellect: She is very intelligent, displaying considerable wisdom and understanding of strategies in both battle and government affairs (although she shows a tendency to operate behind covers). Furthermore, she is flexible and quite creative in thinking. During battle, she is very perceptive and takes a more strategic approach when compared to many other generals but has been shown, in her first introduction in the VN, to work herself to a frenzy.
- Compared to many other generals she doesn't quite measure up in raw strength.
- Her ego can cause her to lose herself in long monologues and delusions.
- Her obsession with menma sometimes causes unnecessary conflict with others; this is progressively flanderized through the anime.
- Her off-beat personality can make communication difficult and cause misunderstandings.
- Zhao Yun is associated with the color white in many Three Kingdoms media.
- Her voice gets deeper in the anime.
- Her character design might be based on Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion. Both have short blue hair and Chou'un's weapon resembles the Spear of Longinus.
- Likewise her character design, plus personality, might be the basis for Tatenashi Sarashiki of Infinite Stratos.
- While hardly serious and even delusional at times (especially so in the anime), her intelligence should not be denied. In Hongou/Shoku faction, she is a person of both brain and brawn, alongside Kan'u, Gengan, and Kouchuu.
- She unofficially handles military intelligence.
- Her obsession with menma is so great that she can eat it straight out of the jar despite it being a condiment.
- In the second OVA she even dips it in chocolate fondue.
- Her Kachou Kamen stunt is a reference to the tokusatsu genre.
- In the anime, she explains that she became Kachou Kamen after dying and then resurrected by a mysterious being hinted to be Ultraman.
- In the second OVA she actually transforms Ultraman-style, becoming huge via wearing her butterfly mask. In addition, her nipples light up and blink after a certain time period. This is her version of Ultraman's Color Timer.
- Unlike the other girls, she calls Kazuto "aruji" rather than "goshujin-sama".
- She gets her own ending in the PS2 version of Koihime†Musou
- In the anime it is implied that she can pull an extremely disturbing face. She first does this as her "good face" for people to remember her by. Although the viewers can't see her face due to the scene portraying her from the back, Bachou will have nightmares about it and Kouchuu simply covers the eyes of her daughter while staring in horror.
- On another occasion she is shown from the front and her face is actually censored.
- In Shin Koihime†Musou LIVE Revolution she (as Kachou Kamen) plays the guitar.
- Interestingly, despite all her openness in sexual matters, in Shin Koihime†Musou manga she states that Sousou's tastes don't really suit her.
- In the animated opening of Sengoku†Koihime: ~Otome Kenran ☆ Sengoku Emaki~, Ashikaga Kazuha Yoshiteru summon the weapons of various Koihime†Musou heroines as projectiles for her attack; Chou'un's spear is among those.
- Sei took the sixth place in the poll of the most popular character in the Shoku story company.